Monday 15 February 2010

Whoops!

It rained a steady drizzle all night last night and we woke to find ourselves in the clouds yet again. The forecast had been for snow but that didn't arrive.


Took the dogs out for their morning constitutional - not a great view, in fact visibility down to 50 metres or so. But as we went round the bend from the repaired road, this is what we found! A huge agave, plus lots of small ones, roots, soil, the lot - all slid down from the edge above onto the pista.

It was one of the few times that I didn't have my camera, usually I put it in my pocket just in case but as it was so cloudy I didn't bother. So after elevenses we went back out. It was much brighter then and only a hint of moisture in the air - more low cloud than rain I think.

Agaves are very, very spiky and the only way we've seen anyone getting rid of unwanted ones, has been by cutting them up with a chainsaw. Maybe we'll have to wait for the next round of road improvements, when they can push it over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment