Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year

We had a quiet night in with a few drinks and watched the fireworks from around the world on TV,  at midnight the usual fireworks started around the villages here but as it was drizzling we decided not to go outside to look at them,  just stayed inside and had another drink.  Actually, I'm not sure we'd have seen much really due to the cloud cover.

The forecast for today was on and off drizzle, possible light snow this evening, but we woke to blue skies and sunshine.  Olive harvest!  But the trees were dripping with last nights rain, and harvesting under that is like having a cold shower so I thought I'd clean the house while the trees dried off.  So at 10.30, with the house almost sparkling I thought I'd better tidy myself up.  I did brush my hair before I took the dogs out but that was it, and since then I'd raked out the wood burners and relaid them, swept, dusted etc etc and was  feeling a bit grubby - not to mention a lack of makeup.  Not that I wear much, a  touch of mascara but it's enough to make a difference.

On my way upstairs to try and look slightly more myself, I heard Mariano outside.  "Where are you, I've come with a bottle of Cava to celebrate New Years Day!"     "Oh no, I'm not ready for visitors!"     "Never mind, come and have a drink, that doesn't  matter."

So at  11am, we were outside in the sunshine polishing off a very nice bottle of Cava - makes a change from our usual cup of tea.

We did get olives done, another 2 large trees which gave us another 2 sacks.  And if it's dry we'll do some more tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment