Tuesday 1 February 2011

First paintings

(a post from John):

I decided that this year would be when I get back into painting and drawing.
It's about 20 years since I last did any commercial drawing or painting -
though I've done a lot of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop work in the
intervening years This is my first oil painting - an Alpujarran scene:





If you click on the picture you can see a bigger version. The real thing is 24cm x 32cm.







and below is another interpretation . . .




and yet another one, this time more zoomed in . . .



Basically, I've been experimenting with different styles to get the hang of it again.  Tomorrow I'll do a different view

These will now need a couple of months before they have thoroughly dried out and can then be varnished and sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment