Thursday 24 November 2011

To the shops

It was a lovely sunny day on  Tuesday so we thought we'd  take some time out  and go to  Roquetas for the day.  Not especially  to shop for anything definite, just for look around, although my phone needed  replacing as for some reason it won't take the sim card anymore, just says 'insert sim'.  Luckily we had an old fairly huge nokia tucked away that I've been using recently.

I did want to look at Christmassy stuff, maybe a new tablecloth and matching napkins,  there is a really nice shop in the Gran Plaza called Casa, so thought we'd look in there first.  Parked the car, up the escalator, turned right - whoops, no Casa, just another shoe shop.  However as we were there we  took a look inside.  Don't often go shoe shopping, our needs are quite basic, limited to wellies,  trainers and crocs mostly.  'Best' shoes are still ones we've had for ages as high heels (for me obviously!)  don't get worn much.

But I did fancy a nice pair of warm slippers, even though we have rugs down on the floors upstairs, the kitchen and dining room are only tiled and feet get chilly!   They had loads of slippers, really spoilt for choice, the ones I bought were some fluffy ones but grey not beige and sadly no bobbles    unlike some that were on sale.

But they did have some super smart wellies that I was tempted by but didn't buy.....a wonderful pink pair and if you've looked for  boots you'll know what I mean.   At least I know where to go when my Hunter green ones finally bite the dust.  The leak is only on the top of one foot at the moment so as long as I don't paddle too much in the puddles,  my foot stays dry.  The other boot is perishing along the join but about halfway up the length of the leg, mid calf ish.

Sorted out a phone,  had a nice lunch rather than a rushed fast food meal as we quite often do,  did some food shopping  and  after much measuring and pricing of wood versus chipboard,  bought some 'planks' to make cupboard doors.  There are 3 recessed areas where we store stuff but - usually in the winter, maybe because it's  cold or nesting - we have had a rat trying to set up home in the boxes.  So cupboard fronts will be made and then they won't be able to get inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment