Friday 23 August 2013

Sunrise and strawberries

We woke yesterday morning to a slight haze down south,  damp chair cushions, wet grass at the side of the road,  wet legs when I walked with the dogs on our normal round trip to the fuente and back across the overgrown fields of a neighbour.

Looking down at Yátor, hazy hills in the distance.
 As the sun rose so the haze lifted and  everything dried up.


This weeks excess strawberries have been sliced and put in the drier,  there are 4 open trays lined with mesh to stop the fruit falling through the wire base - the slices get very small as they dry out.



About 500 grams went in,  they reduce down to the contents of a small jam jar,  about a mint jelly sized jar.   We still had too many though to fit in the drier so had a glass of strawberry milk shake after lunch today.  Sort of a liquid pudding,  really thick and tasty but without any icecream which I had read that is usually in a milk shake.  I don't think it would have been suckable up the straw with icecream as well.



This mornings early visitor to the pool was this praying mantis. 


Lucky I saw it  when I did as it wasn't swimming too well.  I lifted it out onto the side to dry,  then before the dogs came out  I put it up onto the table for safety.   It sat there for a while, watching me watching it,  and after it had had it's photo opportunity, it went.  I didn't see it go,  just wasn't there.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment