Sunday 31 May 2015

Hail, rain, thunder, lightning...

I don't think I've forgotten anything!   We had a huge storm yesterday afternoon,  the clouds gathered up to the north and got blacker and blacker,  I came in when it started to rain big fat drops - decided to download my photos,  big mistake!  A thunder clap directly overhead knocked out the power and the photos are lost.  Well, they're on the hard drive but not on iphoto which is mostly what I use.



Today almost a repeat of yesterday,  but no power cut, I didn't turn on the computer but read instead,  until the torrential rain turned to hail,  and then I took this video.  Right at the end you'll hear the car alarm going off.  The hail is still in corners of the garden a few hours later,  the potato bed is full of water still,  but the sun is shining again.

Tomorrow's forecast?  Possibly another round of thunder in the afternoon.    We had thunder and a cloudburst last Saturday late in the afternoon as well...  very strange weather for May.


No comments:

Post a Comment