Wednesday 2 May 2012

Any ideas?

A couple of days ago I saw what I assumed was a wild garlic blooming outside the house,  just near the roses and geraniums that grow  near where we park the cars.  It didn't occur to me to look again until I was cutting roses for a vase and that's when I realised it wasn't a garlic at all.  But I'm not sure what it is.....first thought was some kind of a lily, but it's only about  8 or 9 inches high and the leaves are already dying back.  It's not in the wild flowers of southern spain book that we have, but does have individual blooms similar to some of the plants in there, such as the squills. 

only 5 or 6 leaves, and they are nearly dead.....

lovely dark middles to the flowers....

Anyone have any idea what it is?   When it's finished flowering I'm going to dig it up and put it in a pot so I know where and - hopefully -  what it is for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment