Thursday 26 October 2017

Tuesday's walk

I managed to get out Tuesday morning for an hour before lunch,  if Pip sees me anywhere near my shoes she gets all excited, but if I've got a bucket of compost, or weeds and garden prunings then that is ok.  So bucket in hand,  phone in pocket,  walking shoes out of sight on top of the bucket, bottle of water and off I go.  Easily fooled this dog!  Leave  the bucket over on the top terraces and collect on the way back.

The 'road' to Yegen


Looking up to the left


and down to the right,  the poplars are changing colour

the stream runs through at the bottom, with Gypsies Leap above.


When I got up to  the cemetery at Yegen  I sat in the new seating area   and looked at Sierra Gador.  Yegen is about 1000 metres above sea level,  we are 890,  but  from this seat I am looking at a mountain that is 2000 metres high.  And the clouds rolling up from the coast today must have been huge...

The new seat..





and the clouds in the distance..







How hot you may be wondering?  At 4.30 in the afternoon it was still 23 degrees in the shade, so quite warm at midday after an up-hill walk. 






No comments:

Post a Comment