Friday 9 April 2010

Thankyou, thankyou and thankyou!

To all the senders of the shower caps - some even delivered by hand!! many thanks indeed. I opened the mailbox this morning when I went down to Yator and the post just fell out. 2 packets of shower caps, one packet included oxos so thanks to Chris and Dee, and an assortment of puzzle books from my mother in law. Those I'll keep for the winter months. Plus the usual bank statements....

We now don't have to worry when the shower caps start to disintegrate with use. The wine season will soon be upon us, the locals only make wine from grapes and don't understand how it can be made from anything else - although they are only too happy to try it and then try again for a second opinion! So first up will be mulberries and the early figs, end of May-ish. And then anything we can't eat or freeze or dry - does that sound like we drink a lot?

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm fig wine sounds lovely, like a dessert wine maybe? Blog the recipe if you get a chance. A guest that stayed recently in one of the properties we look after sent me a recipe for chestnut brandy, if you would like it let me know or I can blog it. C .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, WALNUTS, not chestnuts, silly me.......I'll blog it for you anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. See here for fig wine recipe and notes. I suppose it could be a dessert wine, but for us it was a general glugging wine - any time, any place, anywhere. Especially when it's well-chilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, will give that a go, put the walnut post on for you too, also clicked on some ads for you!

    ReplyDelete