Saturday 16 October 2010

The eagles have landed.

Although this isn't the best of photos, it's not for lack of trying or time waiting.  Two Bonelli's eagles came over again today and after a while drifting on the breeze, they landed in  a tree about 300 metres away.  I got the binoculars to watch them while John got a camera and suitable lens....and we waited for them to do something.

Hopefully they would fly away, not that we wanted them too really,  only so we could get pictures of the amazing wingspan and colours but I  think they were on a long,  lazy  lunch  break or something as we waited.....   and waited......   and waited. 

Eventually John went in to finish some previously started work while I man-ed (or womaned) the camera.  The sun went in, the clouds gathered, I got rather chilly in my strappy t-shirt and then with no warning, no flapping on the wings or anything, they went.   They just dropped off the tree, down into the shade of the hillside before I could get a photo.

So after all that time, this is the best we took.

No comments:

Post a Comment