Tuesday 4 June 2013

Can flies read???

We were both  out working this morning in different parts of the garden,  I was dismantling pea frames - and finding dried peas that we'd missed so they've gone into next year's box for planting- and John was digging out weeds and tidying around the pool.  When we met up at lunch time I asked him how his fly morning had been but like me he'd only seen one - and that hadn't bitten.  Did they know they'd been mentioned here?

It has been hotter today - 27 at lunch time  :)    maybe their time is over until next year,   certainly hope so!

I thought taking the pea frames apart would be an easy thing,  but when I started everything got tangled.  The peas were tangled round the string,  the string was knotted round the canes, and it all got in a big jumble.

Now I know to start at the last place,  the last knot of string,  undo that and work my way backwards and downwards.  Finally take out the peas,  leaving the roots in the ground for goodness.   Not sure what should go in next - there is some order as to what plants benefit from others,  plant rotation I believe,  but it's more a case of what space is available when the next seeds or seedlings are ready to go out.

Dwarf Borlotto beans today,  so much easier than trying to find enough tall canes for climbing beans and just as tasty.   26 holes,  3 beans to a hole, in nice warm soil so fingers crossed!  And more to be planted as space becomes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment