Friday 13 January 2012

New cushions.

This is not an advert, I'm not on commission on anything like that but I do think when you get quick efficient work done it's surprising.  It shouldn't be of course, when you're paying and someone says this is the price and this is the timescale.....

We have a black corner unit in the lounge, not leather but you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.  Over the last few months the surface of the corner cushion started to crack and split.  I kept thinking I'd better take it to the upholsterer in Cadiar, of whom we'd heard good things, but as Christmas got closer and closer and we'd still not done anything about it, John said maybe we'd better leave it  till the New Year as we don't know how long it'll take and we don't want Christmas with a cushion-less seat.

Wednesday I finally got round to taking it into Juan's shop - more like a workshop than a plush store - showed him the problem and he pulled a roll of fabric out of the corner of the room, said it's 10 euros a metre and will cost 15 in total and be ready in the morning.  Amazed doesn't describe what I thought, I did double check the price with him - are you sure that includes your work?  yes, quite sure.  And ready tomorrow morning?  yes, quite sure.

Now I'd also heard that he will give you the old cushions and covers from re-upholstery jobs if you want a dog bed for your pet, so I asked and he said you can have this one.  A nice cherry red fabric, feels like suede but isn't, and how much would you like for that I asked?  Nothing, it's only going in the rubbish, you can have for free.

So yesterday morning I collected the re-covered seat cushion and Pip is now the proud owner of a cherry red dog bed.  That means Monty can stretch out at night on the previously shared bed without squashing her.  And it was 15 euros for the re-covered cushion and nothing for hers.  And all within 24 hours as promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment