Friday 27 January 2012

Splat!

Did I mention when my new phone fell in a large bucket of white paint?????

We were painting the outside wall yesterday morning,  nice sunny day,  I put on an old work-shirt of John's to keep my t-shirt clean from paint splashes and put my phone in the  top pocket.  I have a phone holder that clips on the waistband of my trousers but that was indoors, I also have a knitted sort of thing that you put your phone in and  that you hang round your neck but that too was indoors.   You know what's coming don't you?  

I lent over the paint bucket too far, my phone fell out of my pocket and it landed keypad side down into the paint.   John said something along the lines of   "well, that's well and truly *************!"     'Don't panic'  I said as I rushed indoors with paint covered hands and phone, grabbed an old cloth and wiped the excess paint off the key pad.  Another cloth, more wiping and eventually the  phone appeared from the mess,  cotton buds,  tooth picks for those awkward edges,  tried to use it and yes!  it's fine.  Slightly off colour looking which is perhaps understandable  given where it's been but at least it works.

The paint was thick and gloopy,  if it had been a bucket of water it would have sunk without trace but it just went splat onto the surface.

But why do things always fall face down? 

No comments:

Post a Comment