Friday 26 April 2013

The first of many..

A few days ago I thought I saw a Golden Oriole flying down among the olive trees,  hard not to miss one really as the colour is so striking - a deep buttercup yellow and black for the male,   less obvious for the female.   Then a day  or so later came their distinctive song  and this morning John spied the first male going into  the mulberry tree.  This one will be the first of many that nest around our land every year.



Male Oriole


Female Oriole
These pictures, John took a couple of years ago,  hopefully they'll nest in the same tree for this years update.




And the other first is a strawberry.  No picture because I ate it,  but there are lots of flowers and lots of small fruits - and we have lots more plants than last year as there are strawberry beds that I've just left to themselves.  If they fruit,  well that's good.  If not then I'll dig them up come the autumn.


No comments:

Post a Comment